A WordPress Developer Intern position involves working under the supervision of experienced WordPress developers to gain hands-on experience in website and web application development using the WordPress platform. This role typically includes learning about WordPress themes, plugins, and core functionality, as well as gaining experience in front-end and back-end development skills related to WordPress. Here's a detailed job description for a WordPress Developer Intern:
- Assist in designing and implementing new features and functionality for WordPress websites.
- Help in maintaining and improving the performance of existing WordPress sites.
- Learn and assist in the development of custom themes and plugins.
- Collaborate with the development team to ensure high-quality and consistent project outcomes.
- Support the team in updating website content, troubleshooting issues, and implementing fixes.
- Participate in code reviews to learn best practices and coding standards.
- Understand the project lifecycle, from conception to deployment, and learn about version control systems like Git.
- Help with testing and quality assurance processes to ensure the smooth functioning of websites and applications.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Currently graduated with a degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related field.
- Basic understanding of web development principles and technologies.
- Some exposure to PHP and MySQL is a plus.
- Eagerness to learn about WordPress development, including themes and plugins.
- Ability to work in a collaborative team environment.
- Strong problem-solving skills and attention to detail.
- Good communication skills.
- Hands-on experience with WordPress, the most widely used Content Management System (CMS).
- Understanding of web development best practices and coding standards.
- Exposure to front-end and back-end development processes.
- Opportunity to work on real-world projects and contribute to their success.
- Mentorship from experienced WordPress developers.
Duration and Compensation:
- Duration: The internship is typically offered for a period of 2 months, with the possibility of extension based on performance and project needs. Interns are expected to commit a certain number of hours per week, which will be agreed upon at the start of the internship.
- Compensation: This is an unpaid internship opportunity. However, interns will gain invaluable hands-on experience working with WordPress, which is widely used across industries for web development. The internship is designed to offer significant educational benefits, including learning from experienced developers, working on real-world projects, and improving technical skills in web development. Although there is no financial compensation, the experience and knowledge gained through this internship can be highly beneficial for future career opportunities in web development and technology.
- Other Benefits: Interns may be offered other forms of non-monetary compensation, such as mentorship, training sessions, flexible working hours, and the possibility of receiving a job offer upon successful completion of the internship. The company will provide a certificate of completion and professional references to support the intern's future job applications.
- Interested candidates typically need to submit a resume and cover letter as one file, and a portfolio of work or GitHub repository. The application process will include interviews and technical assessments.
- Resume Submission: All interested candidates must submit their resume, cover letter, and any relevant work samples or portfolios no later than 15th February 2024. Applications received after this date will not be considered. Please ensure that your application materials clearly demonstrate your interest in WordPress development and any relevant experience or coursework.
Role and Responsibilities
As a Digital Marketing Executive, your primary role will be to assist in the planning, execution, and optimization of online marketing efforts. Key responsibilities might include:
- Content Creation: Writing blogs, articles, and creating content for social media.
- Social Media Management: Managing the company's social media profiles and presence.
- Email Marketing: Helping to create and send out email campaigns.
- SEO (Search Engine Optimization): Assisting in optimizing website content for search engines.
- Data Analysis: Analyzing marketing data to help shape future marketing strategies.
- Campaign Management: Assisting in the management of online ad campaigns across platforms like Google Ads and Facebook Ads.
- Communication Skills: Strong writing and verbal communication skills are essential.
- Analytical Skills: Ability to analyze data and glean insights.
- Creativity: Generating engaging and original content ideas.
- Tech-Savviness: Comfort with digital tools and platforms.
- Basic SEO and SEM Knowledge: Understanding of search engine optimization and marketing techniques.
Closing Date: 20th Jan 2024